Since the beginning of the twentieth century the Hansa Haus of our boutique hotel has developed into a permanent institution in Kühlungsborn. Accompany us on our little journey through time and learn everything about it´s history.
The history of the Hansa House begins at the turn of the 19th and 20th centuries. Master bricklayer Heinrich Nieske from Bad Doberan acquired a Büdnerei located directly on the beach of the former village of Arendsee. He divided his property into building plots and in 1901 found a buyer for the building site Häuslerei 47 in the Consul Karl Heinrich Samuel Schultz from Charlottenburg. Schultz intended to build a "Christian lodging house" here. But the consul's plans fell through. He later built his house in Poststraße and with a contract dated July 28, 1904, the property on Arendseer Strand went to Max Holth of Rostock for 17,000 marks.